PDA

View Full Version : Superduper hangs, what to do?

vudutu
05-13-2008, 11:35 AM
I have SD 2.5 on my OSX 10.4.10 server and it had been doing great but the other day the schedule showed one of my BU drives schedule was in red and I cant do anything with it , I get the SBBOD (spinning beach ball of death) and when I force quit it chews up a lot of CPU processs then finally quits. What should I do, reinstall?

dnanian
05-13-2008, 11:38 AM
Sounds like it might be a hardware problem with the backup destination...

vudutu
05-14-2008, 10:22 AM
Hi,
Both drives are present, problem is I can't delete and redo the schedule, are there som com or pref files I can pitch, or should I reinstall? I have not yet had a good time to restart the server so I had hoped to pitch some prefs or something to get it running again..

dnanian
05-14-2008, 10:28 AM
OK. Well, you can empty your crontab in Terminal with

crontab -r

and delete the "Scheduled Copies" and "Saved Settings" folders in Library/Application Support/SuperDuper!...

vudutu
05-16-2008, 12:13 PM
Thanks David I'll try that, fyi, it did finally unfreeze and came up with this error
Prepare to copy files
Prepared Students
Failed to enable ownership on A_Students_BU

dnanian
05-16-2008, 12:25 PM
I'd really need to see the whole log, preferably from the 'send to shirt pocket' button, to know what might be wrong there.

RAlfieri
05-20-2008, 01:28 PM
I'd really need to see the whole log, preferably from the 'send to shirt pocket' button, to know what might be wrong there.

Dave, I'm seeing this as well. It seems to be after a period of SmartUpdates it hangs. If I do a copy with full erase it will SmartUpdate for a while after that, but then it will hang again. I'll send you the logs.

Regards,
Rob