Shirt Pocket Discussions

Shirt Pocket Discussions (https://www.shirt-pocket.com/forums/index.php)
-   General (https://www.shirt-pocket.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   SuperDuper! not loading on Lion (https://www.shirt-pocket.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6486)

dnanian 07-23-2011 02:04 PM

I've got Drobos that I test with, so no, it's not drobos. And I've done these tests too without seeing disabled drives. So I'm not quite sure what's going on here other than what I said before.

southwos 07-24-2011 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plink53 (Post 30782)
Southwos, Were you able to see the disks on your desktop in Lion? (Depends on how your Finder prefs are set up whether it shows them of not.) If so, please run the following command:

diskutil list

What does your computer see? Try checking the ignore box again and see if the problem returns (SuperDuper! not seeing the drives). If it does, run the command again and compare them. Any differences?

I am able to see and access the drives in finder. I was also able to select ANY source in SD, it's just when I went to select a target I could only select the same drive as the source, the other drives where in the target list, but not selectable.

I tried checking the ignore boxes and SD seems to now have no problems, so I guess everything is back to normal. Should I keep the ignore checked or unchecked?

Lew 08-13-2011 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dnanian (Post 30783)
I've got Drobos that I test with, so no, it's not drobos.

Dave...

I have a Drobo S 2nd generation and I have been advised by Data Robotics support not to use SD! until new firmware is available and installed.

Also, they have a new procedure for setting up Time Machine on Drobo, Drobo S, DroboPro and Drobo B800i outlined here. I'm hoping this is a temporary fix until the new firmware is available, since it reduces Time Machine's functionality by about 90% IMHO.

Lew

dnanian 08-13-2011 01:01 PM

Um, I think that may be a representative who doesn't know what they're talking about. SuperDuper! works just fine with the Drobo under Lion. We don't interact with their firmware in any unusual way, and the simple fact is we're simply copying files.

If the Drobo doesn't work when you copy files to it, it has very fundamental problems that are exceptionally unlikely.

Note, though, that the iSCSI initiator shipping with the current Dashboard is not fully Lion compatible, and does fail. The ATTO initiator (XTend SAN) works fine though.

Lew 08-13-2011 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dnanian (Post 30893)

Um, I think that may be a representative who doesn't know what they're talking about. SuperDuper! works just fine with the Drobo under Lion. We don't interact with their firmware in any unusual way, and the simple fact is we're simply copying files.

Thanks Dave...

On that note, I'm going to go ahead and begin using SD! again with my Drobo S

Lew

pstoddard61 09-17-2011 05:20 PM

A slightly different problem

I have a different problem from the one Southwos described above, but it does fall under the general heading "SuperDuper! not loading on Lion" so I will include it here instead of starting a new thread.

I am running MacOSX 10.7.1 Lion on a 15" PowerBook with a 750 GB Toshiba MK7559GSXF hard drive. I back up to a 500 GB LaCie connected by FireWire (I don't know the actual disk it has in it).

My problem is that when I install SD 2.6.4 and then start it up, everything is greyed out. I cannot access source or target drives. I can access the preferences, but when I try to register the software, I get some text about how it is good to pay etc, but there is no "Buy Now" link to press.

I have used SD with Lion on a 13" MacBook but the problem is only on this 15." I have installed all upgrades including the most recent firmware upgrade (MacBook Pro EFI Firmware Update v. 2.2).

I have tried all the things suggested for Southwos, including restarting. I also repaired permissions. Can anyone suggest other things I can try?

dnanian 09-17-2011 05:28 PM

Delete the "Saved Settings" folder in Library/Application Support/SuperDuper! (off your Home folder), restart your mac, then try again.

pstoddard61 09-17-2011 06:02 PM

That did it

That was it. Thanks Dave.;) :D