Shirt Pocket Discussions

Shirt Pocket Discussions (https://www.shirt-pocket.com/forums/index.php)
-   General (https://www.shirt-pocket.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Moronic Blog Comments (https://www.shirt-pocket.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3497)

TMay 01-30-2008 07:48 PM

Moronic Blog Comments

Jesus...I was never even aware there WERE comments available on the blog until the discussion here today. How I wish I were still unaware.

Went there tonight and read some. What a bunch of complete trash. "Comments" should stay off forever, and IM(not so)HO should never have been turned on. Trash.

I'll comment only on one all-too-common thread in comments to the 1/21 blog entry: people pillorying Dave/Shirt-Pocket for "PR blurbs" and "putting out a phony "PR" date and then not making it", etc. etc. etc.

In case anybody had bothered to READ here in the Forum, Dave stoutly and insistently resisted ANY date prediction whatsoever for weeks. Literally. Finally he made what I'm sure he now sees was the mistake of trying to answer the clamor by fools with too much time on their hands and too little "real" to do for a date with a (reasonable at the time, I'm sure) prediction. Of course, things don't work out, and now look what he gets.

I cite this as only one example of the continued outrageous and mindless chatter. I'll post no further material here as 1) I'm too angry to be reasonable, and 2) For those I am talking to (at?) it will do no good whatsoever.

midnightsun 01-31-2008 09:33 PM

Do or die.

Hello Dave,

The blog has been shut down and there has been no further word since the note that "we are in a shut down and we are waiting for comment from outside testing." What is the word Dave. Yes, no, or a "week or so".
Please, cut to the quick, is SD going to work with Leopard??? or should "we" all just quietly move on?:(

dnanian 01-31-2008 09:40 PM

Let me put it this way, midnightsun. Yesterday, I took some time to write the press release.

midnightsun 01-31-2008 11:15 PM

Dave, you truly are a very honourable man! Thank you for everything!

Dale

Jeffus 02-01-2008 07:50 AM

Blog comments?

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMay (Post 16883)
Jesus...I was never even aware there WERE comments available on the blog until the discussion here today. How I wish I were still unaware.

Gotta admit Dave I didn't know you could comment on your blogs. How do I do it once the feature is turned back on? BTW keep up the great work on Super Duper! Take no notice of the "mindless morons" we CAN wait, it'll be well worth the wait.

Jeffus.

dnanian 02-01-2008 08:12 AM

You just click the comment link at the bottom of the post.

Jeffus 02-01-2008 11:01 AM

Have your say?

Hi Dave, the tab that says "Have your say"?

Jeffus.

dnanian 02-01-2008 11:03 AM

Yes, it switches to that once you click Comments.

mepavitt 02-01-2008 11:05 AM

Thanks!

Dave:

It's always darkest just before the dawn. Will await the press release. Everything here is ready to go - all it needs is SuperDuper!

badlydrawnboy 02-01-2008 11:22 AM

Yes, I'm very excited too. Can we expect to see it today Dave?

dnanian 02-01-2008 11:35 AM

No, not today...

rmiller501 02-01-2008 11:58 AM

If you have written the press release then you know damn well when you are going to release SD, but the best your can give us, who have been waiting for over three months is "not today" ? You might have a great program, and excellent tech support, but your PR sucks. :mad:

dnanian 02-01-2008 01:00 PM

Actually, no, I don't "known damn well" when I'm going to release SD, sorry. What possible point would there be to holding back the exact date from you when all it's going to do is generate messages like this, unless -- perhaps -- I don't have an exact date because I could be surprised (as I have been in the past)?

As I've said, we're still waiting on final results from the external testers. But it's quite likely to be soon, and I'm confident enough that I've written the press release.

I'm sorry that you feel our "PR Sucks"... I could just not say anything until the day of release, or give a totally unsatisfying range like "in the first half of 2008", if you'd prefer...

davecc 02-01-2008 01:43 PM

Dave,

You are a guy with lots of patience dealing with these spoilt little children who cannot get their new toy now. I can safely speak for the rest of us in saying that we are very satisfied with your product, tech. support and "PR".

davecc

t3rockhall 02-01-2008 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davecc (Post 16916)
Dave,

You are a guy with lots of patience dealing with these spoilt little children who cannot get their new toy now. I can safely speak for the rest of us in saying that we are very satisfied with your product, tech. support and "PR".

davecc

Me, too. Actually, thanks, Dave. I put off installing Leo because I was waiting for SD, and, from what I've read, holding off on 10.5.0 has saved me a pile of trouble. Now there's a major rework of Leo in the works, so I'm perfectly happy to wait a little longer.