View Single Post
Old 02-05-2016, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnanian View Post
We do not touch the actual permissions on the drive, "fork". Did you have "Ownership" off on this (I assume non-boot) drive?
Before the backup I never looked at permissions on either drive and didn't manually change anything.

Both the Fusion boot drive and the external SSD started requesting permissions whenever I did anything (like open a file or copy a file) immediately AFTER I used SD. Get Info showed that my (Me) account was not owner of either drive. I do not know what their statuses were before - had no reason to look since everything had been working up to that time.

After the nags started, I added Me back as owner of both drives, and everything now works without any permissions nags - though I did notice that after a reboot, the Me account on the boot drive no longer has the Read and Write permissions I gave it, just Read. But I do not get asked to provide permissions to Finder copy files as I had been asked after the SD backup.

As I mentioned above, the first time I used SD 2.8 with this iMac two weeks ago, I backed up to a USB thumb drive, and everything worked normally. Only after I backed up both drives to partitions on a new external USB hard disk did the anomaly start. I also use SD to backup my older Macs running Yosemite, and I have never seen this behavior before.