View Single Post
Old 08-25-2005, 11:18 AM

Question Can I exclude my cloned vol's .Spotlight-V100 directory?

Hi all. I'm a new user of SD! (and I love the whole concept). Like others on the forum, I'm trying to figure out how to work and play well with Spotlight . I usually power down my system at night (not always, but typically). When I reboot, Spotlight always starts re-indexing my Lacie backup disk. I then have to manually go in and shut down indexing via the terminal. I thought I had it permanently turned off by setting the appropriate _exclusions.plist in the Lacie's .Spotlight-V100 directory (which is what the "Privacy" pane does), but it wasn't working. Then it occured to me (D'Oh!) that when I'd run SuperDuper!, the .Spotlight-V100 directory was overwritten with the one from my live HD, which, of course, has Spotlight indexing turned on.

Here's my question: can I somehow painlessly exclude this one directory from the cloning process? I'm using the script "Backup-all files". Maybe this has already been answered and I didn't look hard enough. Sorry if this turns out to be a FAQ, but thanks in advance for any help. -Eric