View Single Post
Old 03-20-2008, 05:27 PM

Question iTunes Music Folder Offline Question...

I have a MacBook Pro with a 100Gig System drive. I have been struggling with that drive being almost full for a while. At the same time, I have been using SD to back-up/clone (smart update) my system drive to an external 100Gig G Drive Mini for a perfect clone. It's been working great, except for the issue of struggling for space. I decided to move all my Final Cut Studio / Pro App media/templates etc. to an other external drive - a G Raid Mini - which I only use anyway when working with FC Studio Apps. That freed up a lot of space on my system drive. The other space hogging app is iTunes. I decided to delete the iTunes Music folder from the system drive, and point iTunes to the cloned iTunes Music folder on the G Drive Mini. So now, I only run iTunes when the cloned G Drive Mini is connected to the MacBook Pro, which is fine with me.
My question is this: Is there a smart way for me to create a Backup Setting, that would keep my system drive backed up via Smart Update onto the G Drive Mini, without deleting, or over-writing the iTunes Music folder on it?