View Single Post
Old 02-27-2007, 01:25 AM

Hmmm

I also have have Intel (Duo 1 Core)... and 10.4.8... so far no crashing... but Retro sure gave me a hard time.... didn't know I was backing up to a File... thought it was a removable backup... and had to download from maxtor and and from maxtor... and I was almost done...

With a Clone on partition 1 ala SuperDuper..
Mac Backup on partition 2.. ala Retro for Mac
Win Backup on partition 3.. ala Retro for Win

But while doing #3... I had installed MacDrive7 that morning... and used Retro for Mac the day prior.. and the two retros are very different softwares... and ... long story short.. ended up.. that all partitions internal and external proceeded to backup to my destination.... and the CPU was going 60 to 75%.. erratic looking waves... and really long error error log... so.. with no way to mount the NTFS on the Mac.. so I could erase.. and not realizing that maybe I could use "clean" command in Xp... I couldn't just erase that one volume.. and had to start over on the TB drive...

This has been hours and hours of frustration... and general ignorance.. save.. for using SuperDuper.. which has been super simple... hope I don't get any crashes...