View Single Post
Old 03-06-2010, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tasamuelson View Post
... The only problem was that for some reason, my Eudora email program and all my old emails were not backed up (which I had not noticed) and so I lost the program, the settings, and all the old emails...
Eudora's defaults are to place the Eudora application in the global Applications folder, but the settings and emails themselves are kept in the user's specific area (in a variety of locations and folders). Having used Eudora in the past and also having successfully restored Eudora emails and related files from SuperDuper backups (clones), the problem reported here is perplexing to me. Also, if one were to want SuperDuper to exclude the Eudora application and also the emails and settings, one would have to tell SuperDuper to exclude a collection of files that are scattered in various different locations and folders including some on the user specific areas as well as others in globally accessible folders. The symptoms described don't seem to make sense, not that it never happened, but it sounds inconsistent to me.