View Single Post
Old 02-21-2008, 08:28 PM

Question about restoring files etc.

Hi

I upgraded to Tiger a few days ago but I'm having some problems. I still have to try out some things so I'm not coming for that!
Before upgrading I did a full bootable back up on an external FWdrive (LaCie) and it worked perfectly well. Thank you SD!
Now, I want to ask this:
in case I have to revert to Panther from the Back up, I want to back up whatever I've done while on Tiger. I would like to back up my pictures for exemple or some documents or Open Office software, on other partitions of my ext.FWdrive (i prepared 4 partitions). How to do that ?
Then, I want to know : in case I downgrade, can I drag files from the Tiger backed files to the Panther restored system ?
Would it be better to work in the backed up of my system directly ? Is it possible ? I didn't see anything about that. I understand it is possible with a sandbox but is it possible with the bootable clone ?

Also: can I back up some of the users files from my back up sytem on the FWdrive to another partition of the drive (for exemple pictures, documents etc.) ?

Thank you in advance. The questions will come up as I use you SD!
atipani