View Single Post
Old 07-13-2008, 07:43 AM

Hi guys,

Having made the switch to Mac in October and after some good comments about your software in both MacCast and MacBreak Tech, as well as in my web research, I wanted to try it out. Since you give no trial option, a couple of days ago I downloaded the full version from a P2P network and I will try it for a while, in case I'll continue with it I'll buy it, otherwise I will delete it.
Sorry but I never buy software before I have tried it.

Anyway, regarding this problem, I got the SuperDuper! 2.5(v84) and Mac OS X 10.5.4. The computer is a MacBook Pro 2.4Ghz, 256MB nVidia graphics, 4GB RAM and 160GB internal hard drive. I'm backing up to a G-Tech G-Drive Q with a Samsung Spinpoint F1 using Firewire 800.

Regarding the backup procedure, I've backed up twice (yesterday night and the day before) doing it exactly in the same way and having the same problem.

After finishing all of my work, I close all my applications and remove my internet USB modem. I plug the hard drive in and and Time Machine starts backing up. Since I'm using FileVault, once it finishes I need to logout to allow it to perform the backup itself. Once done I log-in again and without starting any application I run SuperDuper!. It is not running scheduled, I start it and perform a full back up to the same drive using Smart Update and selecting Restart from the back up on successful completion. I didn't change anything else.

Hope this help, if you need any further information let me know. So far after using the product twice I am happy and really considering buying it.