View Single Post
Old 07-16-2008, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
I get the "** the application Super Duper failed to quit" message too, when I try to have SuperDuper automatically restart from the backup. I emailed Dave about it some time ago but he was unable to offer a solution. I have since managed to narrow down the problem somewhat, and it only happens when I am cloning to a buss-powered Firewire 400 HDD. It doesn't happen when I clone to a mains powered USB HDD, and it also doesn't happen when I clone from the FW or USB HDD's back to the internal HDD.
I have (or had?) the problem intermittently, always with the same setup, which is backing up from the internal HDD to a self-powered (not bus-powered) external FireWire drive.

Quote:
I have had this problem since I upgraded to Leopard and through all of its point updates.
Also here the problem started after upgrading to Leopard. (Erase and install of 10.5.1 with user migration from clone and immediate updating with 10.5.3 combo-updater.) Have not had the problem (yet) since updating to 10.5.4 (again using the combo-updater).

Quote:
Also, after I get rid of the 'logout failed' message, I am able to manually quit SuperDuper.
The same here.