View Single Post
Old 07-26-2006, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnanian
There are a few ways to do this, xairbusdriver. You can use a program like iPartition to partition the external "live", or you can copy things off, erase and partition, and copy things back...
I know you mention iPartition and I've nor really heard anything negative about it, but I wonder about having enough contiguous free space to create another partition ( there are now 3 ) on that drive. Of course, it need'nt be larger than to hold the OS and some utility apps ( iDefrag, TTP, etc. ). That would be faster than backing up all the files and starting over. But it also would mean being able to install the OS from the Installers. I think I was unable to install the OS from the DVD's when I first got that drive. I simply don't remember. But it would appear to be bootable since I can at least get to the password dialog.

I guess what I'm trying to do is create a minimum System, with a few apps, rather than a basic copy of my main drive. A "minimum System" may not really be that much smaller than a regular install!

Quote:
I don't know exactly what David did, though -- perhaps he'll stop by and say.
I've sent him a PM, hope he returns soon to the site/forums...