View Single Post
Old 06-01-2009, 12:41 PM

re: I have a related situation...

Thanks for the tip about Time Machine, but I'm still having problems with my SuperDuper backup hanging. Here's what happens. I have the script set up to Backup-all files: Smart Udpate. The software launches at the scheduled time each night, but in the morning, I still find it stuck on the first step: Preparing <HDD Name>. The backup was working without a hitch until very recently, but I have not been able to get it to work for the last few days. Again, I am trying to back up one external hard drive to another external hard drive (both are Lacie 2 TB big disk extreme+, formatted as Mac OS Extended (Journaled). I have VMware partitioning a part of my startup drive with a Windows Vista Bootcamp installation. This works properly, so my installation does not seem to be incorrectly formatted in any way. In any event, this should have no bearing on the backup in question, since the external Lacie drives are not related to the VMware installation in any way. Any idea why this is hanging? Do I just leave it and see if it will eventually complete the backup? Are the sizes of the drives a factor?