View Single Post
Old 07-25-2012, 03:44 PM

Thanks for the quick reply. That makes sense regarding the moving target of a prerelease OS.

As far as your comments on adding new features quickly, they seem a bit defensive. Of course I didn't mean to say that I want SD! to carelessly add a ton of new features just to do it. I also wouldn't say that the competition is careless with their improvements or that Shirt-Pocket has a monopoly on "truly useful" functionality ideas.

I suppose what I meant with "pretty quick" was in relation to SD!'s seemingly glacial pace in terms of user experience improvements. I am a long time customer who has been using and recommending SD! for years, and to me, it seems to have stagnated, which is why I asked about a bigger version jump than just another point release. The basic UI of version 2 is almost 7 years old, which is an eternity in software time.

Please know that I use SD! all the time and love it. The existing feature set works, SD! serves it's main purpose well, and I'm not meaning to attack you or SD!. I'd just like to see the product improve and grow a bit. I know and appreciate that there have been many improvements behind the scenes, but little UI and UX issues have been around for years, so it's interesting when I see "truly useful" features listed elsewhere.