View Single Post
Old 07-27-2012, 02:18 PM

I in no way think the UI of SD! needs fancy Core Animation effects. I was referring to more pure functionality that would make it easier to use. I think you read my mind in regards to things like Power Nap (operations during sleep) and better Smart Updates in low space situations. Those are 2 of my biggest gripes with SD!, but it seems like the Smart Update issue has been around for a very long time. If it fails because of that (which it does even if I have 30GB free sometimes due to large folders), the only message as to why it failed is in the log and even then it's not granular at all. Most users have no idea what a log even is and they can be intimidating to non-technical users, so error messaging could use some improvement. Even better, why can't SD! determine this is going to happen ahead of time and use a different method so there isn't an error to begin with? If you're always copying instead of moving on the destination, why can't SD! delete files on the destination that don't exist in the source folder before copying files from source?

Anyway, I think we're mostly on the same page. My main, original point was that despite welcome improvements on the behind-the-scenes cloning side of things the rest of the app has remained nearly the same for quite a long time, even though as you said, there are lots of possibilities for improvements and useful feature additions. I'm looking forward to seeing what you have in store for version 3.

Thanks for all your hard work!