View Single Post
Old 09-02-2007, 07:23 PM

New User, need help.

Hi,

I purchased Superduper after having trouble with "Backup", the Mac program - could rarely get it to do a scheduled backup of my office (medical practice) management data folder to iDisk. Read briefly about Superduper and decided to give it a go. BUTTTTTT...

The instructions aren't very clear (or at least I'm having difficulty finding it!) on backing up ONLY a selected folder. The program seems to be weighted towards an all-inclusive backup of data... the best I could do was to set up a script that excludes all folders, and then create an exception for the one data folder I want to back up.... so far, after monkeying with it for a couple of hours, it seemingly wants to check every fricking file on the drive to decide whether it should be excluded - after 45 minutes each time, it still has only reviewed about 60% of approximately 400,000 files - not a very efficient way to create a simple backup of about 600 Megs of data (?)

I assume I'm missing something here. If not, can I arrange for a refund? As it stands, I won't be needing it if I have to go through this, even with scheduling after work hours. Thanks.