View Single Post
Old 11-26-2007, 01:28 AM

Can't make my SD backup my startup disk...

Hi--
I can’t boot from my SuperDuper copy. I already read through the FAQ on this, and can’t find any answers...
I did Smart Update for Backup- all files, I use a Firewire Lacie Drive [250 GB Porsche-design with two partitions, one of which is reserved for my backup, which should be bootable], I’m currently on Tiger 10.4.9 on a PPC Powerbook G4, etc.
Everytime I do a SuperDuper copy, it says that it copied fine and is bootable. I’ve never tried to boot from it before, which obviously I now realize is stupid, but I always thought it would help me in a pinch. Currently my computer is having problems, so I’m trying to use DiskWarrior to repair my internal HD, then copy back over all my system, etc, from the backed-up bootable partition. So now I’ve been trying to change the Startup disk to the proper partition of my drive (it’s called BackUpBootUpHD), either through starting up first from my original Powerbook Software disk, or through System Preferences, then restart. But when I get in there, and select DiskWarrior from where it is in the Applications/Utilities folder of the BackUpBootUpHD, it says it can’t repair my Macintosh HD because that’s the startup disk.
Any ideas how to fix? Thanks so much,
Samantha