View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 09:51 AM

Other way of backing up

Hi There.

I’m new to the forum and I have been using SuperDuper! for about a year now. Just like a lot and has been a lifesaver for a couple of times already. I’m looking forward to seeing a Leopard compatible version.

I do have a question of a different type of back up that someone might help me with/point me in the right direction.

Situation
iTunes library of approx. 130Gb and growing
- Main system = original
- Back-up drive at work = back-up

As you might guess my worst nightmare is that anything should happen with the library and I do make daily back-ups just in case….

I use a 160Gb portable drive to transport the data but since I have an iPod touch I'm adding quite a bit of GB with movie content. As a result is amount of data is growing rapidly.

The worry I have is that the database is becoming too big real quickly to take with me on a portable drive. I was think if there is a software solution that allows me to just take with me the changed and added files with to make the external “back-up” in sync with the original database.

I’m not aware of any tip/trick/software that is able to that.

So:
iTunes library Original => change some files
use mobile device (drive, USB stick, iPod etc) to transport copied files
iTunes library Copy => adds changed/added files in order to make it identical with the original.

Hope that some can help me (point in the right direction).

Perhaps an idea for someone to develop as I can see this becoming a problem for other people as well.

Thanks,
Sasha