View Single Post
Old 07-13-2007, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnanian View Post
Jonas has it exactly right. Note, though, that the OS that you're going to copy from must work with the Mac you're copying to. If it's a brand new Mac, check to see if it's running the same build of OSX as you're running, or an earlier, or it's not going to work...
My new Intel iMac arrives tomorrow and I'd very much like to use SD to migrate files from my old Intel iMac. Based on what I've read here, if I make sure that the backup of the existing machine and the new machine are the same rev. It should work. Further, I have Parallels VM on the old machine and again, from what I read that should transfer correctly. The HD in the new machine is larger than the one in the old computer (750GB vs. 500GB). From my limited understanding of how SD works this shouldn't be a problem... correct? I just wanted to double check. I've never had any luck with Migration Assistant so SD is my only option. Anything I should watch out for? I'd sure hate to screw up my new computer before I have a chance to use it.