View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnanian View Post
I'd actually:
  • Delete all existing schedules
  • Remove the "Scheduled Copies" folder in ~/Library/Application Support/SuperDuper!
  • Restart your Mac
  • Recreate the schedule
I've tried it in a new user account which by default starts without a folder 'Scheduled Copies' and no existing schedules and required me to re-create the schedule. I also had just restarted my Mac just two days ago, ie, well after the problem occurred. I also installed a new copy of SD into the new users's Application folder.

At first, it did not work in the new user account either but then I tried two things: (1) logged out and back into the new user account and (2) connected the external drive directly (it was the third device in FW chain before). After that (I cannot say which of the two steps did the trick), it worked, even after putting the device back again in its normal position in the FW chain.

Unfortunately, when I tried it again in my regular user account, it did not work (after following your steps). I can try to delete all SuperDuper content from ~/Library but maybe something else (non shirt-pocket stuff) is wrong with my main user account. Is SD relying on other things (eg, folder actions on /Volumes) to do the start upon connecting feature?