View Single Post
Old 03-18-2008, 05:57 AM

Is this possible?...

I did a backup of my MacBookPro (Tiger 10.4.11) on a firewire drive with SD so far great, now I got a new MacBookPro (2.6ghz) with the Leopard install disks. I don't want to use Leopard everything is working just fine with Tiger.

Here's what I did: I started the new MacBookPro with the install disk, from there with Disk Utility I did the restore from the firewire drive and then restarted the mac with the option key, wich gave me the option of choosing the system. Everything was looking good: I could see and choose my back up. Except that I had a kernel panic message after a few seconds... I think it is a kernel panic message, in any rate I got the screen with the message that tells you to restart holding the power switch in 4 or 5 different languages... I tried the same process 3-4 times, same results...

Then I decided to install Leopard and tried restore from my back up with the Mac assistant migration software. Once that was done, I tried to open some of my apps, and all of them was asking install disks or serial,etc... Exactly what I didn't want to do at the first place... Besides, I love Tiger and I want to run the same system on both my new MacBookPro and my desktop G5 2.5ghz...

Then I tried to start the Mac with the Tiger instal disk. It wouldn't start from the disk but once started I could see my Tiger desktop (that I had backed up) plus some of Leopard features... I tried my apps, same results...

So, basically, how can I achieve what I want to do? Is it possible?...

Thanx

sorry for the long message