View Single Post
Old 01-29-2008, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnanian View Post
I don't know: if you look at open file references with lsof, do you see what process has the drive active?
Thanks for the prompt reply!

That's a good idea to correlate a process with a volume, which ought drastically to narrow-down the possibilities for the culprit process.

I haven't yet gotten back over to the server site to try it yet, but when I ran lsof here, I was overwhelmed by its complexity: There's a "DEVICE" column, which seems the only candidate for which hard drive volume, but it has an unintelligible name, e.g., "14,2" instead of the actual name. Is there another Unix command that will cross-reference that obscure device number with the actual name of the hard drive partition?

I looked around the more user-friendly Activity Monitor, but couldn't find a way to show a drive volume column.

Are there any other GUI utilities that will do what I need to track down what's not letting me unmount a hard drive that's ever been scheduled with SD! ?

This occurred the very first time I installed SD! and set up a schedule. Am I the only person this has ever happened to?

Thanks!