View Single Post
Old 07-10-2006, 05:55 PM

Berners & Missing ColorSync profiles on sandbox

Hi,

First off, Dave, I noticed that your avatar is a berner. I wonder if you have one...my wife and I have a 3 year old named Xerxes who's just great and our lives basically revolve around him. He's having surgery in about 10 minutes to have some suspicious lumps biopsied...this is not the first time, and we suspect that he has systemic histiocytosis. Fingers crossed. And recrossed.

Second, my SD! question. I just returned to using a sandbox (shared users & apps) again after using a boring old single partition complete system for about a year. Now I've got both my PowerBook (80GB) and MacBook (60GB) harddrives partitioned. I haven't noticed any issue on the PB, but on the MacBook, I just discovered that there is no "Color LCD" ColorSync profile in the /Library directory and my display is defaulting to Generic RGB.

I tried copying the "Color LCD" icc file from the Hard Drive to the analogous /Library... directory on the Sandbox partition, but when I try to select it, I get a message that the system can't locate the default configuration (or something like that) for the display. I also tried copying it into the ~/Library... ColorSync display profile directory, but got the same results. Any idea why the file is missing? I really would like to fix this for its own sake, and it's also just generally freaking me out that my system might be unstable.

Incidentally, over the past few days (probably since creating the sandbox), I've noticed the following line in my system log while looking over console output:

Jul 10 15:14:34 macbiblio kernel[0]: display: Not usable

But now, when I'm started up from "harddrive", this still appears but I DO have the Color LCD profile available, so maybe the log message isn't relevant.

My 2.0GHz, 1GB ram white MacBook system is partitioned as follows: "harddrive" is 41GB (with 23GB currently free) and the "sanddrive" is 15GB (with 7.3GB currently free). I have a Dell 2007WPF 20" monitor, which I often use with DVI while the MacBook is closed...is this a possible reason for the Color LCD profile being skipped in the sandbox creation process?

Thanks,

Wayne