View Single Post
Old 02-06-2008, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchiar View Post
Hi Dave,

You state 2 things.

1) The new version includes full Leopard support, including the ability to store a bootable backup side-by-side with a Time Machine backup on a single volume

2) ability to copy Time Machine archives to other drives for backup purposes or to move to a larger drive without losing history.

Could u explain how this is done? Didnt see anything in the manual or FAQ
More about TM and SD. During Tiger times I used SD to back up my internal hard drive to another hard drive. Now that I am on Leopard ( on an Intel MacPro) I want to follow the same pattern and backup my hard drive with SD 2.5 . I use a separate external hard drive as my Time Machine destination. I do not want to mix my timemachine backup drive with my SD backup drive. Do I have to suspend the TimeMachine application while Super Duper is doing its backup? What happens if TimeMachine is doing its thing while SuperDuper is doing a backup of the hard drive at the same time? In essence, SuperDuper is going to be backing up a hard drive while that hard drive is engaged in running the TimeMachine application !! Will this interfere with the SD backup? Thanks,