View Single Post
Old 01-07-2008, 03:36 AM

I definitely wasn't asking for or advocating a "mass mailing" but rather thought some kind of notification might be presented through the software itself. That sounds reasonable to me. If an application can check for updates I don't see why it can't check for incompatibilities as well. It might be an unusual practice but SuperDuper! is in a unique class of software and we place a lot of trust in it. At there very least, consider it a feature request then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justG View Post
That's not what happened here. You upgraded your operating system, the thing on which all other things run. It's *your* responsibility to make sure that the software on which you rely is compatible with your OS, you can't just assume that you can upgrade your OS and everything will work!

SuperDuper! functions properly if it's run on the version of the OS for which it was created and is guaranteed compatible. Simple.
OK, I agree with this. I apologize Dave if my concerns and criticisms were worded too harshly. I guess I've always been very satisfied with SuperDuper! and this experience was a bit of a let down. Lesson learned, I'll be more vigilant with regards to my upgrading practices in the future.

Again, thanks to everyone who took the time to respond. I appreciate it, even if I did sound like a whiny so and so.