View Single Post
Old 03-19-2007, 12:13 PM

Scheduled Backup Doesn't

I've been a satisfied user of SuperDuper for a while now. This is what I do with it:

At 3AM every day I have the Energy Saver System Prefs set to wake the machine. At 3:03AM every other day I have SD scheduled to make the backup to a Firewire drive. After the backup the computer puts itself to sleep after a period of inactivity, so when I sit down to work at around 6 or so, I wake it up and I'm good to go.

My screen saver is (and has been for a long time) Marine Aquarium. You know, the little fishies that swim around on your screen.

Ever since upgrading to the latest version of SD a couple of weeks ago my automatic backups no longer work. When I get to work in the morning what I see is a frozen screen of Marine Aquarium - everything is stopped. If I wiggle the mouse or hit a key the screen saver goes away and my desktop reappears. SD has failed to run. But a few times I have seen SD fire itself up after my desktop appeared and do its thing.

Anyone else having a similar problem, or have any suggestions? Also, where can I get a copy of the previous version? I want to try it so I can verify that this all started due to the new version.

(Quad G5, MacOS 10.4.9, 4.5GB)