View Single Post
Old 06-22-2005, 10:16 AM
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to dnanian
I guess I'm very confused, but let's try to figure out what the source is, and what the destination is.

When you drop the audio files, what drive do you install them on? The destination of the backup or the source?

We never erase files from the source drive, but if you drop the folder on the destination, and then Smart Update, that folder will definitely be erased. This is because it doesn't exist on the source, so -- by the definition of Smart Update, which is that it's "just like Erase, then copy, except faster" -- it's removed when you back up.

If it's dropped on the source, and then just doesn't appear on the destination, it might be a Finder bug. Try either ejecting the external drive or logging in/out, and then look again... Finder often won't update as you'd expect. (Although, if you're on Tiger, this shouldn't be an issue.)

Let me know if this helps... if not, a bit more information about what you're doing, what's being backed up, and what script you're using should help figure this out.