View Single Post
Old 09-20-2006, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnanian View Post
OK. I don't know if you're downloading/bittorrenting/etc something overnight, but what you'll want to do is open Terminal. Then, copy the following to the clipboard:

sudo lsof | grep SDCopy

Paste that into Terminal. Press Return at the end of the line, then enter your password (it won't echo) and press Return.

That'll print a list of what we're copying at the time -- the last two lines are what we're reading and writing. That should be the file that's causing things to get stuck, probably because it's being written while we're trying to back it up.
If I do that now nothing comes up like so...

I have restarted my Mac since and so that may be the reason, also before I start copying I close ALL Programs and then restart and open up no new ones except super duper so nothing like that, after sleepy sleep time tonight I will type in this command and see what goes on and also post my findings so check this thread back in about 18 hours and I will have some results for you.

I would do it now but it takes about 3 hours for me to find that error and im afraid due to my hectic lifestyle I cannot be out of action that long () Thank you for your help.

Last edited by proximo; 02-19-2009 at 02:27 AM.