View Single Post
Old 11-02-2019, 08:20 PM

Dave,

Unfortunately, I tested encrypted backups again this weekend and the issue is still there. The image will not boot. Only get a white Apple logo on a black screen with no further activity.

I tested this by taking a known good bootable un-encrypted backup image (Samsung EVO 1TB SSD in a 2.5inch disk enclosure if it matters) and booted into it and encrypted it with Apple Filevault allowing it to fully complete (over two hours). I then attempted to boot into it and it failed to start. I then restarted and booted back into the internal Samsung EVO 1TB disk and initiated a SmartUpdate backup and allowed it to complete thinking that perhaps the encryption process changed or damaged the backup somehow. I then attempted again to boot into the encrypted backup and it again failed to boot with only a white Apple logo and nothing further.

So, not sure why this is not working. My MacMini is a (Late 2012) 2.3 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7, 16GB RAM, Samsung EVO 1TB SSD, that was formerly running Mojave which was upgraded to Catalina 10.15.1 using a normal in place upgrade.

Hopefully this gets sorted out. Overall, SuperDuper has always been great.

Thanks.