View Single Post
Old 10-24-2007, 03:06 AM

Boy, did Dave give good advice. Old computer adage: you can tell the pioneers 'cause they're the ones with arrows in their chests.

As one who has used Mac OS's from 1.1 on, I have seen the bad ones (late still-betas dubbed as golden masters) come and go, intermixed with the good ones. If that doesn't convince you, take a look at Microsoft's efforts.

I would NEVER run my "real" system under a new release of a major OS update (10.n, in this case) before several months had elapsed and it could be seen just how the update is shaking out. Even several of the Tiger releases have given problems for many, while most have been fine.

Run a "parallel universe" if you need to play with the latest and greatest, but keep it far away from the "real" one. (And yes, I've been doing that for a number of months with successive Leopards. And some features definitely haven't been ready for prime time, though perhaps they are now.)

P.S. Dave, great new "redux" blog entry today. All you Leopard-heads should take a look at Dave's update of "Time's Arrow," in his blog. --Ted--

Last edited by TMay; 10-24-2007 at 03:16 AM.