View Single Post
Old 01-06-2008, 08:11 PM

Addressing Concerns

Hi Dave,

I wasn't posting here looking for an apology. I was more thinking along the lines that you might address the concerns raised in my previous post. Specifically:

1. Users need to be informed when their software is no longer functioning properly. As I stated above, if I hadn't tested my clone the other night I would still be blissfully unaware that I was no longer properly backed up. Will any effort be made to remedy this situation? Not everyone is checking the website and/or reading the blog/forums. Especially in these times of built in application updates. I asked SuperDuper to check for updates and it said I was up-to-date. I assumed this meant I was good to go. I mistake on my part but I don't think it an uncommon one.

2. I would hope that an emphasis would be placed on keeping the software functional vs adding new functionality. Any comment on this? I see updating for Time Machine as adding new functionality where as releasing an update prior to that to restore basic cloning would be keeping things functional. It's obviously your call as to which road to take but I would like to know your opinion on this so I can be better prepared for future system updates.

Thanks.