View Single Post
Old 01-14-2014, 03:30 PM

Thanks for the quick, though negative, answer.

Let me then explain why I asked: I've been using Time Machine with these machines to this drive and at various times, Time Machine on one of the machines will tell me that the backup is corrupted and I can either create a new backup or start using one of the other machines' backups, which of course would corrupt that one too.

Perhaps I am incorrect, but I always assumed that having to use a sparse image/bundle introduces data risk compared to simply cloning folders. One corrupted file in one folder means that file can't be restored, but one corrupted index inside a sparsebundle makes me assume my whole backup is now useless.

If I'm wrong, please let me know. Based on my past problems with Time Machine I need to know that SuperDuper! can reliably produce network backups that can survive minor damage without rendering the whole thing useless. As I'm sure you understand, I cannot have a backup system that requires everything to behave absolutely perfectly to avoid total data loss.

So if you can, please let me know how robust SuperDuper! is when performing Smart Update backups to a network sparsebundle.

Thanks,

-joel