View Single Post
Old 02-27-2006, 10:46 PM
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to dnanian
No problem with the names, etc -- I'm just trying to make sure things are clear.

Page 41 of the User's Guide is really just trying to give examples of what the options do, not necessarily have you draw conclusions from the names of the drives. In this case, I'm trying to concentrate on the action of the four "During copy" options.

Sandbox, in this case, just happens to be the name of the drive (although the examples outside the Important Note are entirely valid). Inside, I specifically say "let's say you did a backup with Backup - all files". At that point, I'm just trying to get the names and text to agree with the screen shot the user is already familiar with. Since Backup - all files is being used, it's a full backup, regardless of the name of the drive.

The point is to try to understand how "Smart Update" interacts with the selected files, and how the result of a smart update is exactly what you'd get with "Erase, then copy". You can't create a "Sandbox" without using one of the Sandbox scripts, regardless of what copy method you use. The volume name has nothing to do with it...