View Single Post
Old 11-09-2014, 12:26 PM

SuperDuper! Stops with I/O Error

It's been a while, but I had a situation where SuperDuper! encountered an I/O error during a clone operation, and stopped. (SuperDuper! version 2.7.3 (v93) running on OSX 10.9.5 (or maybe 10.9.4).

I was having issues with my boot drive, and wanted to "refresh" my bootable clone before replacing the drive. But partway into the clone operation, it logged an error and stopped trying to clone the source drive:
9:32:29 PM kernel: disk0s2: I/O error.
9:32:2p PM SuperDuper!:
***ERROR OCCURRED: SdCopy: Error copying /Users/... due to error 5: Input/Output error
The thing is, I didn't want to replace the drive then attempt a restore from a cloned volume that was in some indeterminate state. Many files had been copied, but I had no idea how far the clone operation had progressed, and what hadn't yet been copied.

So, my primary question: is there any way to force SuperDuper! to complete the clone operation even after logging I/O error(s)?

Also, it's been some time and I'm trying to find the log files. Can anyone tell me where to find SuperDuper logs from several months ago?

Thanks!