View Single Post
Old 11-13-2006, 04:51 PM

Backup appears slow.

Hi

I am new to this forum as well as SD. I recently purchased the 24" iMac Core 2 Duo with 250GB HD and installed Parallels with Windows XP. The Parallels partition has about 50GB of programs and data in it and there are a total of 614,000 files. Oh, and BTW, this is my first Mac ever. I have used PC's for the past 30 years, so it's a big leap for me. However, from what I have experienced so far, I don't think I would ever go back!

It seems that the backup has stalled. It's been sitting there for about a half hour at 17GB copied.....woops, it just started again and all of a sudden jumped to 48GB copied, and now the files copied count is going quite well again. Would that be a part of the parallels partition that was being copied over?

I am now into this for 1 hour 48 min. and at 50GB usine a Lacie USB 2.0 external drive. Is this about normal for the original copy?

Also, I see 2 questions sitting in front of me in part 3. "After Successful Copy" . Make Drive Bootable and Restore Spotliht state on Drive. What is the best answer to these 2 questions?

Any other advice on using SD would be greatly appreciated as well. Like little tips to make things run as smoothly as possible.

Thanks, Loren