View Single Post
Old 11-15-2006, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfedje View Post
Oh, and if I make it bootable, how do you boot from it? Remember, I am an total neophyte, when it comes to the Mac OS.

Loren
Not trying to hijack the thread, but selecting it from SysPref only works if the backup drive is ON.

You can always start from the external drive when the computer or backup is OFF by (1) turning the external drive ON. (2) Hold down the Option key as you start the computer, and when both the internal and external drive appear on the screen, (and the cursor turns to an arrow) click once on the external drive and then click on the right-pointing arrow. This works when you start from OFF or from a restart COMMAND.

REMEMBER, if you are running from the internal drive, and the external is also running, then you should UNMOUNT the external by dragging it into the trash or just shutting off the computer before shutting the backup drive down. If you're running from the backup, it's best to shut down, turn the backup off, and then restart.

This may be more than you want to know, but the important thing is that a disk must be "unmounted" before you remove it from the computer.

My apologies for the intrusion. BTW, SD has made MY life soooooo easy.....