View Single Post
Old 08-14-2005, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by supuhee
No luck. Earlier today I tried sandbox but got no response, now I tried MacHD. I get the following messages:
2005-07-29 20:50:30.519 lsregister[769] CFLog (0):
CFPropertyListCreateFromXMLData(): plist parse failed; the data is not proper UTF-8. The file name for this data could be:
Contents/Info.plist -- file://localhost/Applications/C-E/CocoaBooklet.app/
The parser will retry as in 10.2, but the problem should be corrected in the plist.
[Eds-G4:~] edwardan%
[Eds-G4:~] edwardan% /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Frameworks/LaunchServices.framework/Support/lsregister -kill -r -domain local -domain system -domain user
2005-07-29 20:53:57.321 lsregister[773] CFLog (0):
CFPropertyListCreateFromXMLData(): plist parse failed; the data is not proper UTF-8. The file name for this data could be:
Contents/Info.plist -- file://localhost/Applications/C-E/CLIX/CLIX.app/
The parser will retry as in 10.2, but the problem should be corrected in the plist.
[Eds-G4:~] edwardan% /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Frameworks/LaunchServices.framework/Support/lsregister -kill -r -domain local -domain system -domain user
2005-07-29 20:55:27.978 lsregister[778] CFLog (0):
Contents/Info.plist -- file://localhost/Applications/C-E/CLIX/CLIX.app/
[Eds-G4:~] edwardan%
I trashed Cocoa Booklet and its plist file, but then Terminal complained about CLIX. and after I expunged CLIX and its plist, it complained about Chop. Evidently Terminal wants to clear out my entire Applications folder step by step, which is no solution.
I noticed similar messages in 10.4.x on my iMac G5 when clicking the Extensions tab of the RCDefaultApp preference pane. At first they referred to older files (archived under my home directory) but after tedious deleting enough of them the messages referred to newer files I didn't want to delete. By then I was ready to give up anyway and haven't gotten back to resolving the matter. I can't replicate it on the eMac I'm using right now.