View Single Post
Old 03-31-2007, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnanian View Post
Your issue is likely because the "path" to the image (/Volumes/10.0.1.100/Backups) has changed, whether because its IP address has changed or something else has been renamed.

I'd suggest giving the host an actual hostname and using that, then recreating the schedule (or re-selecting the image).
Good thoughts as I see by the path that I've got a problem. But ...

Reality is that 10.0.1.100 is a statically mapped NAS (Networked Attached Storage) drive. The drive has a host name of NAS-500. It has 3 shares on it. One of them is 'Dad'.

I use 'Connect to Server ...' to mount it via 'SMB://10.0.1.100' and then I get the selection option of the 3 shares. I select 'Dad' and it then mounts as Volume 'Dad'. Within that volume, there is a single folder named Backups. With that volume already mounted, I attempt to do my SD backup but the error occurs as noted.

I have tried to connect to the drive by using 'SMB://NAS-500/' but that does not work. I get an error -36 but my thoughts are that since the drive is statically mapped, and since it is already mounted, if I could manually select my Target Image as /Volumes/Dad/Backups/Portable Backup.sparseimage then all would be fine. But SD is putting the drives IP as the Volume name instead of 'Dad' which is what the Finder is showing and which is the real volume name. It does look like SD is not recognizing the volume name that is part of the location process that is accomplished via the Save As... dialog when using a Sparse Image file.

More ideas? and thanks for your help.