View Single Post
Old 06-14-2010, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnanian View Post
Sorry about that... somehow I misread the original message. Long day.

The grey image in the destination panel is because we used the Save panel for select, too, to avoid another menu choice. It's not my finest hour... But fixing it is at a lower priority than some other items.
I have encountered this same problem. My backup script is now failing. "Unable to mount sparseimage." I am trying to rebuild the script.

OK, after re-selecting a grayed out sparseimage, I was able to run the script. SD mounted the problem sparseimage. Here's the weird thing: The destination sparse image no longer has a matching name. The number 1 is appended to the volume name. It seems that SD is still keeping track of the original sparseimage somehow.

Problem has been solved in another thread. I should be good to go, now that I have deleted the original "SG Mac OS X" alias in /Volumes. I will reboot, then rebuild the script again. The script using destination sparseimage "SG Mac OS X 1" worked fine. So I am confident I can get SD back to showing matching source and destination names. Lesson learned: do not force-quit SuperDuper.

Retrospect does allow one to both pause and quit a back-up session gracefully.

Last edited by rschletty; 06-14-2010 at 11:35 AM.