View Single Post
Old 12-19-2008, 11:18 AM

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the quick reply. Before I concede re: my very slow network (which I don't believe it is, it is my media streaming server that is accessed by 4 computers throughout the house with no issue), I have a couple of questions/concerns:

1. It took about 12 hours to create the first image with about 56 GB of data. Based on what I read on this forum, this isn't exceptionally slow (nor is it exceptionally fast)

2. I understand the mount process (watching the logs like a hawk), but 45 minutes? But that isn't my concern. It is 20 hours later and only 600 MB of data. It's like it is getting "stuck" somewhere during analysis. If I do the math, 12 hours for 56 GB for full image creation and 20 hours for 600 MB for smart update... I guess that could be called "a fraction" of the time for smart update????

3. Please explain the console:
18/12/08 8:21:37 PM SuperDuper![144] .scriptSuite warning for attribute 'boundsAsQDRect' of class 'NSWindow' in suite 'NSCoreSuite': 'NSData<QDRect>' is not a valid type name.
18/12/08 8:21:37 PM SuperDuper![144] .scriptSuite warning for type 'NSTextStorage' attribute 'name' of class 'NSApplication' in suite 'NSCoreSuite': AppleScript name references may not work for this property because its type is not NSString-derived.
18/12/08 8:21:37 PM SuperDuper![144] .scriptSuite warning for type 'NSTextStorage' attribute 'lastComponentOfFileName' of class 'NSDocument' in suite 'NSCoreSuite': AppleScript name references may not work for this property because its type is not NSString-derived.
18/12/08 8:21:37 PM SuperDuper![144] .scriptSuite warning for attribute 'boundsAsQDRect' of class 'NSWindow' in suite 'NSCoreSuite': 'NSData<QDRect>' is not a valid type name.
18/12/08 8:21:37 PM SuperDuper![144] .scriptSuite warning for type 'NSTextStorage' attribute 'title' of class 'NSWindow' in suite 'NSCoreSuite': AppleScript name references may not work for this property because its type is not NSString-derived.
18/12/08 8:21:37 PM SuperDuper![144] .scriptSuite warning for superclass of class 'NSAttachmentTextStorage' in suite 'NSTextSuite': 'NSString' is not a valid class name.

I'm feeling a bit like I'm talking to a windows developer "Just upgrade your hardware". All my other processes I run to/from this server run well enough. I don't want to add another peripheral just to run SuperDuper!! UNLESS someone can show me that it really is my network server. In fact, I do norton backups to that server from an XP with no issue whatsoever. I really am trying to phase out all the windows and replace with Linux and mac, but being able to create backups is imperative for me. After I created the first complete image, I bought/registered SuperDuper. I'd sure like this to work because it seems like such a recommended solution.

I really do appreciate your time. I am just a little frustrated...