View Single Post
Old 11-05-2007, 04:09 AM

What's the interim (Leopard) backup recommendation?

I'm feeling a bit nervous/vulnerable...10 days now without a "real" backup of my laptop which was updated with Leopard on the release date. Photos, music, documents, software updates, etc. are being added at an alarming rate. And the further I get away from 26 Oct (Leopard release), the more time it's going to take to recover from a catastrophic failure of a HHD or unrecoverable disk corruption.

So what's the interim recommendation until a Leopard-compatible SuperDuper! is released?

Should I just plug in an external drive when convenient and let Time Machine do its thing? And then use the Time Machine restore function to rebuild the internal laptop drive if I had to? That's not very fast for sure but I guess it will work as long as I also have the Leopard install disc at hand.

But what about an internal laptop drive failure? Is there a way to install the Time Machine backup on a second external drive and "bless" it as a bootable drive...thus allowing the laptop to function while a replacement internal drive is being procured?

Or is there another (already Leopard-compatible) application which will allow me to make a bootable clone of my Leopard install to an external drive?

I'm starting to feel "unprotected" and need some suggestions please.

Last edited by Felix; 11-05-2007 at 04:12 AM. Reason: Title clarification