View Single Post
Old 09-30-2010, 03:10 AM

Hi again

Yes it does seem weird. The internal drive has a name: "Macintosh HD" and the backup drive is named "Medium HD". The "About this Mac" tab simply does not contain the startup drive item any more, it is completely gone. So this is not like the tab says "Startup volume: and then no name - there simply is not any info at all: below "Memory" the button "More information" comes right up, the startup volume info is totally gone.

I no not know what to do about this. I've tried renaming the drive etc. as per your suggestions, but that did not make any difference. I am running an almost clean installation of 10.6.4 only a few days old. I have iLife + iWork installed + Intego VirusBarrier X6 and a few minor apps, but that is it. I have never seen any thing like this before, and as I say, there does not seem to be any problems, everything seems to be working fine.

However, you tend to think: something must be wrong here, and if Mac OS has partially forgotten about the startup volume, what else has potentially gone wrong, that I cannot see right now - can I trust my backup?

So I don't really know what to do: ignore it or reinstall the whole thing, which I don't really have any time for + then I cannot really trust my SuperDuper backup anymore. I did the backup entirely by the book - no esoteric settings, just a clean backup.

Regards,

Esben