View Single Post
Old 12-18-2006, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnanian View Post
I'm not sure what you mean, Bruce. So, your FileVault is corrupt... but you can't access your old user files? That's because FileVault hides/encrypts them...
Sorry I've been unclear: When I fail to log in 3X, I get prompted for the Master Password, which the system application purportedly allows me to reset the old user account password. But I am unable to reset the old user password, despite the fact that I've successfully logged in with the Master Password. This phenomenon only occurred when I upped my administrator privileges in the new account by checking "allow any user to administer this computer". Now, when I attempt a backup using the new administrator account, SD stalls. I get an empty folder for the old user account. Since I'm not a Unix geek, I don't know how to proceed. I want to eliminate the old user account, while preserving the user files, which Mac OSX states I should be able to do. What do you suggest? TIA. (BTW, if you know of any specific Unix commands that could accomplish this, I would be very grateful.)