View Single Post
Old 12-02-2005, 02:53 PM

How to preserve icon of target volume during smartbackup?

I've set up a personalized script, so that the invisible file ".VolumeIcon.icns" should be ignored on the original drive while running "Backup - all files" in Smart Update mode. This works and the target volume does not receive this icon

However, in the same script I have defined also that the icon for the target drive "Volumes / BKUP Macintosh HD / .VolumeIcon.icns" should also be ignored. Yet it gets deleted on the target volume when I do a smart backup

I had selected the icon for the original drive ".VolumeIcon.icns" from the first column in the little browser underneath the "Script Commands" pane.

The icon for the target drive "Volumes / BKUP Macintosh HD / .VolumeIcon.icns" I had selected by first clicking on "Volumes" (left column) which then revealed all mounted drives in a second column. There I selected my target drive, which opened a third column where I finally selected the icon file for the target drive.

So the pane of the scripts commands said:

ignore .VolumeIcon.icns
ignore Volumes/BKUP Macintosh HD/.VolumeIcon.icns

Question: why is the icon on my target volume being deleted and how can I stop this?

Sincerely, Martin.

Panther 10.39, G4 Dual 500, SuperDuper 2.0, all internal drives