View Single Post
Old 04-25-2015, 08:08 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Amarand Send a message via AIM to Amarand Send a message via MSN to Amarand Send a message via Yahoo to Amarand
Super Old Thread But...

Hey again,

I know I've asked about this before, but over the years, I've had similar problems to those mentioned in this post. I'm working on a hard drive right now that has 1.3 million files and my gut feeling is that about 200 or 300 of those files are bad (giving I/O errors). As mentioned above, it takes a long time to run, have it fail on a file, and then run it again...and again.

A great, advanced feature - perhaps something that would need to be unlocked from the command-line - with a very clear warning - would be to log and -ignore- the errors. Simply don't copy files with I/O errors.

Yes, if it's a problem with the hard drive hardware, maybe this is a bad thing, but if you're trying to copy all the -good- files (in this case, I have probably 1.3 million good files to copy), the very small percent of bad files makes the process tedious at best.

In my situation, I have an external hard drive that is mostly (99.999%) good, but that 0.0001% is making my weekend very long indeed.

Any chance of a feature add? A special technician build? I'm sure a few of us would pay an additional fee for this. I know I've burned 40 hours thus far, starting and restarting, and deleting files on the source drive. It would be worth paying for the app again, for sure....

Thanks again!