View Single Post
Old 06-20-2007, 12:54 PM

OK, found a 300Gb Firewire exHDD online (My Book, not Seagte ) that I'm gonna grab. Now, a few questions:

1. I could partition the drive to have 2 partitions and make either partition slightly larger than my Mac Mini's HDD. This could be the backup/bootable partition and I could use the other for media storage (since my internal HDD is too small for all the stuff I have). Is that correct? I assume I could use either the first or the second partition for the backup, right? Or does the order matter?

2. I don't have to restore the disk image in the event of a crash, correct? I could boot off the image if I needed to, but I could also just run the Mac restore and then copy over whatever important stuff I needed from the image, right? I'm the kind of person that kind of likes to "clean house" on occassion, so a crash would serve as a chance to "start over" but I certainly wouldn't want to lose data (items on the desktop, program settings, etc)

3. Could I use SuperDuper to keep two external HDD's in "sync"? i.e. back one up to the other then run the incremental backups every so often.

Last edited by TXCiclista; 06-20-2007 at 12:58 PM.