Thread: Log Files
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2008, 09:21 PM

Log Files

Hi! I have noticed something that appears odd. On my Leopard install if I open SD, click on schedule, cancel the window showing dates and times, which reveals the scheduled copies window, then click on show log, it shows correctly that it ran yesterday, but if I go back to the main SD window and select window>show log from the menu bar it says the date was about a week ago. This log file says it was completed successfully. What am I missing?

If I do this on my Tiger install just the opposite is true and the correct run is in the menu and the one from the schedule window is bad. The menu bar says I ran it this morning which I did but the log in the schedule window says it was 2 days ago and the schedule window says the last copy was 2 days ago when I am 100% sure I ran it this morning.

I can't figure out how to put trust in whether it is successfully updating when I get 2-3 different reports.

By the way it was Maximice that was hanging SD on the Tiger install but I got a license for it and hopefully it will run at 2:30 in the morning so I'll know if that fixed the auto run part.
Thanks, Tom