View Single Post
Old 03-24-2007, 02:44 PM

I attempted my initial backup last night ...

Hi I am new to doing backups so last night I tried to backup my stuff for the first time.

I have about 78gb on my hard drive and I am backing up to an external firewire drive. I let it start copying, and 2 hours later when I checked back to see how far it was, SuperDuper was stuck at 75.75gb. I thought maybe it would start back up again so I left it alone for a little while. So I checked back 30 minutes later and it was still stuck at 75gb copied. Now I was really frustrated because I only needed to move 3 more gb and the backup would be done. Next I do a Get Info on the external drive to check how full it was and as soon as the Get info window opens, the spinning beach ball appears. It wouldn't go away, so I had to go into the Force Quit window and relaunch Finder. After relaunching finder, SuperDuper decides to crash, so I had to force quit superduper without it finishing the task.

So what should I do now? I have 75 out of the 78 gb on my hard drive backed up. Is there anyway to just allow the last 3gb to transfer over or do I have to completely start over from nothing?