View Single Post
Old 06-06-2008, 09:46 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnanian View Post
In general, I'd make it about the size of the 80, but remember that if you're outgrowing the drive now, you're going to definitely get a larger one. As such, giving it some more room to "plan for the future" is a good idea.

You definitely need to partition if you're going to store a backup and some archived data side by side.

Don't worry about the Sandbox for now: you don't sound like the kind of user who needs it, and it has nothing to do with archiving.

Please remember: the "archive" is something you're managing yourself. Move files there when you want to save them. Do not direct SD! at the archive volume!
Now just so I have this right... I've been using Super Duper with a 60/60 for the past 3 years. Now I'm upgrading my Powerbook G4/Tiger to a 160gb, so I'm about to set off to buy a bigger clone drive.

Can I buy a 250 or even 320, partition it 160/90 or 160/160, and use the leftover for scratch - i.e if I ever have to restore from the clone, the system will present me the two partitions to choose from? JUST HAVE TO MAKE SURE NOW ...

Thanks!