View Single Post
Old 08-20-2007, 09:10 AM
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to dnanian
I'm sorry you feel that way, cefiro. I've never claimed that SuperDuper! did "folder synchronization", and -- had you dropped me a line to support -- I would have been happy to clarify that point for you. Did you find something I wrote that implied otherwise? If so, I'd really like to correct that, since I have no desire to mislead people about SD!'s capabilities.

As far as "reverting back to the obviously standard setting of first erasing the drive...", I've literally never seen SuperDuper!'s options change "by themselves". Could you elaborate on how this happened?

(Note that even if you're unwilling to read the first sentence of the "peculiar" interface, where the copy method is called out, there's a second confirmation/warning that appears when you click Copy Now, and that clearly indicates what copy option has been selected, to ensure that you don't do something like this by mistake... did that not appear?)

Finally -- have you tried using Data Rescue II to recover the erased data from the drive? If you haven't done much to it at this point, it's quite possible that the data is still there and can be recovered, at least in part.

Hope that helps, at least a bit.